Harmony in the Family Roast Kumara Soup
Make Every Day Sacred With Sacred Plant Medicine
There’s nothing like a bowl of warm soup to bring the family together on a cold winter’s night. Try this soup with a nourishing blend of vegetables and a selection of flower essences to serve harmony and love.
2 kumara, cut into chunks
2 capsicums, seeded and cut into chunks
1 red onion, roughly chopped
4 tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1½ litres vegetable stock or water
1½ cups cooked or canned brown lentils
4 drops each of First Light® flower essences:
No 11 Chatham Island Geranium – The Nurturing Essence – Love of family, healthy concern for others and positive relationships at home.
No 19 Lovers Daisy – The Love Essence – Empowered relating.
No 59 Star Lily – The Unconditional Love Essence – Limitless love, open to all-encompassing inclusivity.
No 61 Mount Cook Lily – The Peace Essence – Forgiveness, seeing the perfection in how things are in the ‘now’.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Toss kumara in a splash of oil, season to taste and bake on a tray for 15 minutes.
- Add capsicums, tomatoes, garlic cloves and onion. Toss with extra oil if needed.
- Bake for a further 15 mins.
- Transfer vegetables to a large saucepan, add stock or water, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Purée using a hand blender or mash with potato masher.
- Stir the lentils through and reheat.
- Serve with a little cream or yoghurt on top and crusty bread on the side.