Happiness from Within Winter Pesto
Make Every Day Special with Sacred Plant Medicine
This freshly made aromatic pesto makes a wonderful addition to any dish. Use with pasta, rice, roast vegetables, put on your favourite pizza or use for dipping crackers and veggie sticks. It is so versatile, you can bake it into bread or use for sandwiches.
Makes approx. 1 ¼ cups
1 clove garlic, peeled
½ cup baby spinach leaves, firmly packed
½ cup parsley leaves, firmly packed
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, firmly packed
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, firmly packed
½ cup macadamias or cashew nuts
Juice of 2 lemons
1 heaped tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
¼-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 drops each of First Light® flower essences:
- No 4 Marlborough Rock Daisy – The Self-Worth Essence - Feeling good about yourself, trusting your instincts, positive relationship with life.
- No 5 Native Passionfruit – The Abundance Essence – Giving and receiving with equal ease, abundance consciousness.
- No 6 New Zealand Jasmine – The Perseverance Essence – Turning negatives into positives, experiencing true happiness from within.
- 1. Put garlic, spinach, parsley, mint and coriander leaves in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to chop.
- 2. Add nuts and process until the nuts are coarsely ground.
- 3. Add lemon juice and process further to combine then sprinkle nutritional yeast flakes
- 4. Add drops of the specified First Light® flower essences
- 5. With the motor running, add olive oil through the feed tube in lid a thin stream until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- 6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Put pesto mixture into a glass jar with a lid and cover surface with a film of oil to prevent discolouration. Store in the fridge.