Heart and Soul Warming Meatballs
Make Every Day Special with Sacred Plant Medicine
Warm up your body and soul with these hearty, healthy and delicious meatballs. This recipe is an old ‘family favourite’ and it has been tried and tested by some of the fussiest food critics and been given the thumbs up each time. Cayenne pepper is a nice addition that provides a little bit of kick to keep you warm and enhances the tasty flavours.
400g lean beef mince
2 tbsp long grain white rice
1 tbsp oil
1 stick celery
1 can chopped tomatoes in juice
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or fresh chilli (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley to serve
3 drops of one or more flower essences from the recommended list below (or choose your own).
1. Chop onion finely.
2. Sauté half the onion in a deep pan in the oil for 2 minutes.
3. Add finely sliced celery, capsicum, zucchini and cayenne pepper or fresh chilli if using and stir.
4. Add the tomatoes from the can and the same amount of water.
5. Bring to the boil.
6. Mix together the rest of the onion, the rice and beef.
7. Form into meatballs and drop into boiling sauce.
8. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until rice is tender.