In Tune with the Moon and its Cycles
Working in Harmony With the Moon
Using the 28 day cycle of the moon and synchronising your intentions to its new and full moon phases is a powerful way to work with the First Light Flower Essences of New Zealand®.
First Light Flower Essences of New Zealand® offers 2014 Moon Calendars through the online store that show detailed information of moon phases and the timing of its passage (lunar transit) through the twelve zodiacal signs.
The lunar sign transits – the movement of the moon through the zodiac, give an overall energetic feel to the day, which is available for anyone to tap into and use. In this way you can fine tune your use of the First Light essences. The moon moves through the zodiac each month staying in each sign for approximately 2 ½ days. This transiting affects each day’s energies very subtly – a day when the moon is in gentle, imaginative Pisces will feel very different to most people than a day when the moon is fired up and shows the initiative of Aries.
The potency of these energies are even more pronounced or focused on new or full moons
New Moon: For starting something new and seeding in new possibilities.
To best use the new moon’s energy, consider which sign the moon is in. For example a new moon transiting Taurus may be a beneficial time to finally begin a project you have been wanting to do. This Taurus moon energy is very steady and methodical – ensuring something progresses step by step in a determined way. The ‘Taurus’ essences No 4 Marlborough Rock Daisy, No 5 Native Passionfruit and No 6 New Zealand Jasmine can support these positive qualities and address negative conditions such procrastination and the avoidance of perceived difficulties.
Full moon: To reveal your potential and let go of things or attitudes which are holding you back.
The full moon is useful for shedding light on an issue and going about what is needed to resolve it. Often the full moon reveals the challenge of moving on from attitudes or things which no longer serve your highest good. Like the new moon, the full moon's energy varies according to which sign it is transiting. For example the full moon in Cancer would bring emotional awareness and the opportunity to heal emotional pain. Here the ‘Cancer’ essences No 10 Starry Hibiscus, No 11 Chatham Island Geranium and No 12 Native Harebell would support and nurture this process.
Lunar transits through the zodiacal signs:
- Aries: when self esteem is challenged. A fast moving energy with lots of excitement and initiative. Body zones: head, face, brain, eyes. First Light Flower Essences Nos 1, 2, 3.
- Taurus: when finances or possessions are causing stress. A determined, stable energy, with a solid step by step approach to a task. Body zones: throat, neck, thyroid gland. First Light Flower Essences Nos 4, 5, 6.
- Gemini: when communication falters and tasks are left undone. A sociable, gregarious energy which is excellent for multitasking. Body zones: arms, lungs, shoulders, hands, nervous system. First Light Flower Essences Nos 7, 8, 9.
- Cancer: when issues of the past arise. A nurturing, caring, sensitive energy, good for memory tasks. Body zones: chest, breasts, stomach. First Light Flower Essences Nos 10, 11, 12.
- Leo: when spontaneity and creativity are required. A regal, dignified and confident energy which expects to succeed. Body zones: heart, chest, spine, spinal column, upper back. First Light Flower Essences Nos 13, 14, 15.
- Virgo: when self-reproach or guilt arises. A hardworking and detail orientated energy which leaves nothing to chance. Body zones: Digestive system, intestines, spleen, nervous system. First Light Flower Essences Nos 16, 17, 18.
- Libra: when relationships are challenged. A tactful, peaceful energy with lots of potential for restoring balance. Body zones: kidneys, skin, lumbar region, buttocks. First Light Flower Essences Nos 19, 20, 21.
- Scorpio: when secrets or hidden emotions are stewing. A passionate, forceful energy which does not take no for an answer. Body zones: reproductive system, sexual organs. First Light Flower Essences Nos 22, 23, 24.
- Sagittarius: when an open mind is required. An optimistic and fortunate energy filled with adventurous charisma. Body zones: hips, thighs, liver, sciatic nerve. First Light Flower Essences Nos 25, 26, 27.
- Capricorn: when work and recognition is challenged. A logical, ambitious and emotionally cool energy which excels at planning. Body zones: knees, joints, skeletal system. First Light Flower Essences Nos 28, 29, 30.
- Aquarius: when freedom and originality must triumph. An innovative and inventive energy with the freedom of independence. Body zones: Calves, shins, ankles. First Light Flower Essences Nos 31, 32, 33.
- Pisces: when needing insight from psychic or multidimensional realities. A compassionate, dreamy energy which can harness the magic of imagination. Body zones: Feet, toes, lymphatic system. First Light Flower Essences Nos 34, 35, 36.
Purchase a 2014 moon calendar and begin a new relationship with the natural rhythms and cycles of the universe. There are many levels to which you can use these tides of power!